Try 30 days of free premium.

Direct/Indirect Show Links

TomSouthwell wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hi

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but you can't link a show that's indirectly linked to a show already, is this on purpose or?

For example I've gone through and updated 'Fantastic Four' (1994) and linked Iron Man, The Hulk and Spider-Man series which it links into. I can't now add the similar links to 'Iron Man' which I've just started working on even though the links are perhaps even more prominent then those that provide the link between 'Fantastic Four' and the other shows.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Hi

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but you can't link a show that's indirectly linked to a show already, is this on purpose or?

For example I've gone through and updated 'Fantastic Four' (1994) and linked Iron Man, The Hulk and Spider-Man series which it links into. I can't now add the similar links to 'Iron Man' which I've just started working on even though the links are perhaps even more prominent then those that provide the link between 'Fantastic Four' and the other shows.

you are correct, this was made on purpose by jan and david :)

@JuanArango wrote:
you are correct, this was made on purpose by jan and david :)

Is anyone able to add further links - these shows all share guest characters reprising roles, some stars appear in the other series in the same roles etc. It's basically like the film universe they have now but on a much, much smaller scale.

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Is anyone able to add further links - these shows all share guest characters reprising roles, some stars appear in the other series in the same roles etc. It's basically like the film universe they have now but on a much, much smaller scale.

No, it's the same for everyone.

Also see the Relations section in the show extras data policy. I'm not sure how much these are linked but see the following:

"Franchise... This relation only applies when the similarites are present for the majority of the show's run; an occasional "crossover episode" between two shows that otherwise share no similarities does not warrant creating a show relation."

@gazza911 wrote:
No, it's the same for everyone.

Also see the Relations section in the show extras data policy. I'm not sure how much these are linked but see the following:

"Franchise... This relation only applies when the similarites are present for the majority of the show's run; an occasional "crossover episode" between two shows that otherwise share no similarities does not warrant creating a show relation."

Basically they are all set within the same universe and even "bit" parts are played by the same actor/actress for the most part. In each of these shows plot points are referenced and main cast from one show will appear in a episode or two of one of the other shows.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

@gazza911 wrote:

I think the issue on hand is that more than two shows cannot be directly related between each other. So if A, B and C are mutually related, after linking B and C to A you cannot link B and C directly, they only could have an indirect relationship.

@tnt wrote:
I think the issue on hand is that more than two shows cannot be directly related between each other. So if A, B and C are mutually related, after linking B and C to A you cannot link B and C directly, they only could have an indirect relation.

Yes that's correct :)

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
I think the issue on hand is that more than two shows cannot be directly related between each other. So if A, B and C are mutually related, after linking B and C to A you cannot link B and C directly, they only could have an indirect relation.

I was just making sure as I'm not familiar with the shows, that we would consider them mutually related and that they weren't added in error.

Try 30 days of free premium.